We are back with some peace of information regarding the scope of Information Technology for your future endeavors. We are at the age of competition and every business owners around the world are increasingly using technology to reduce cost, beat the competition and to offer more value to the customers.
Moreover, business and the disciplines of Information Technology has become more and more intertwined, hence an MBA in IT is becoming an increasingly important qualification for the whole industry. Here comes the role of MBA graduates who are specialized in IT.
Let’s take more of Information Technology:
The analytics managers are responsible for managing a team of business data analysts that use business data and statistical methods to provide insights for improving the business performance. They are accountable to implement and oversees the analytical approaches and methodologies.
Skills required for Analytical Manager;
- Solid knowledge in data analysis and reporting
- Also, they should able to do market research and project management
- They should be good at knowledge of Excel, R and SQL along with business intelligence tools like Tableau, SAS etc
- Should be good at problem-solving
- Finally, they should possess Strong mentoring and people management skills
This role encompasses responsibility for overseeing the technology used in a business or organizations. They are responsible for making decisions about installations, maintenance and up gradation of the electronic devices used in the workplace. Finally, if you love networking and enjoys problem-solving, fast paced IT role, then you’d be a great information systems manager.
Skills required for systems manager:
- The system manager should have the capacity to work with people at all levels in an organization.
- Should have good knowledge in networking, PC support, systems design, and systems development
- Also, should know about Computer security and permissions
- Typically, companies look for candidates with both a four-year UG course in computer science or any related field and a Master of Business Administration degree (MBA).
- He must be proficient in MS Office Suite and particularly in use of Access and Excel for data collection, tracking, analysis, and PPT’s.
Data Processing Manager:
The data processing managers are responsible for assigning and monitoring the workflow for data processing staff to ensure the timely completion of the projects. They are accountable to develop standard operating procedures for effectiveness and efficiency of data processing operations of the organizations. Finally, they are responsible for spotting out the information systems problems and recommend the appropriate solutions.
Skills required for Data Processing Manager:
- The bird’s eye view in analyzing any problem related to IT is required
- Analytical skills, as well as interpersonal skills, are key to this role
- Along with nurtured leadership skills with teamwork skills makes a person capable of Data processing role.
- Extensive knowledge of principles and techniques of systems analysis and development, including informational analysis, forms design, program planning, and control requirements.
The IT consultants work with the clients by understanding their requirements and the business objectives. They provide strategic information to their clients on how to use technology to achieve business goals. On the other hand, their role involves managing all IT initiatives and collaborating with in-house technical staff.
Skills required for IT consultants:
- Should be able to troubleshoot hardware, software and network problems within the organization
- Should be practically trained with various operating systems and databases
- Professional certification (e.g. CompTIA A+) is an asset to slay the opportunity
- Should be meticulous at work and capable enough of meeting high targets
- Finally, they should be able to communicate the technical information and jargons to the non-IT information
The systems analysts use computers and related systems to plan, design new IT solutions and also for modifying and enhance the existing systems. Their functions involve, liaising with other IT staff such as programmers to produce new systems. All in all, they require technical expertise and clear insight into current business practices.
Skills required for systems analyst:
- You should demonstrate your interest in technology as well as information management systems
- Also should have broad knowledge of hardware, software, and programming
- Should possess a methodical, investigative along with inquisitive mind
- He may be expected to have knowledge of SQL, Oracle, sequel, Visual basics- C++, java, Unified Modeling Language
- Finally, he should also be well acquainted with a SAP business software application and Web-based technologies.
Project managers are in charges of the company’s projects or a specific project within the company. The job of project manager is to plan, budget, oversee and document all aspects of the specific project they are working on. Finally, they are held responsible for coordinating with the internal resources and vendors for flawless and timely execution of the projects.
Skills required for Project Manager:
- Solid technical as well as educational background with understanding of software development and web technologies
- Should carry excellent communication skills along with great client facing skills
- Certifications in PMP/ PRINCE II is an add-on.
- Should be good at prioritization and project management with inventory control
- Proficiency in the use of computers for word processing, simple accounting, Database Management, Spreadsheets, Emails and the internet.
The ERP consultants are well-trained employees on the grounds of Enterprise Resource Planning. It is business process management software that allows the organization to automate many functions pertained to Human Resource, Technology etc. hence the ERP consultants are responsible for implementing and providing support for Enterprise Resource planning system of the organization for effective utilization of resources available.
Skills required for ERP consultants:
- The ideal candidate should have extensive technical/coding skills to upgrade the ERP software of the organization.
- Obviously, he may call to handle any sudden issues in the software. Hence he should have good problem-solving skills
- They should be willing to learn new solution packages and has the ability to become certified in Microsoft Dynamics GP/NAV/AX
- Also, he Has a good understanding of business application concepts and terminologies
- Furthermore, the job of an ERP consultant is open to different areas of the business organization (customer service, supply chain management, distribution etc.) and so on. Hence he should able to understand every aspect of the business.