Well, picking the right specialization is the thing that needs your attention to the fullest. If you want your MBA to pay off with a hand full of money, then MBA in international business can be one best option. Let’s discuss the “International Business”.
We all are in the age of competition. Due to increase in globalization, Business holders are trying to adopt all money-making opportunities by showing their presence in international markets.
For this reason, many industries and companies are hiring young graduates to represent their company with sound and practical knowledge.
After doing MBA in International Business you can be as:
International Business Development Executive:
The first and foremost role that falls into this list is International Business Development Manager. They are accountable for, helping his/her business to grow and hence they are called as high-level professionals. All in all, they are held responsible for bringing new leads to the business and selling new products or services to the existing leads internationally.
Skills required for International Business Development Executive:
- First, he should carry good cross-cultural communication
- Second, he should have excellent networking abilities
- Third, he should have interpersonal influence along with emotional intelligence
- Communication and language skills
- Finally, creativity, as well as flexibility, is the key skills that multinational companies that hire international business executives are looking to see if you have what it takes to get the job done.
International Marketing Manager:
They are held responsible for developing strategic international marketing plans for the organization. But global marketing managers are responsible for maximizing firm’s international market share and profit. Global marketing managers also work for developing the strategic and competitive pricing strategies. Finally, they will engage in all marketing initiatives of the company.
Skills required for the International Marketing Manager:
- They should hold master’s degree in business administration
- Usually, the marketing managers are creative idea generator
- Since they frequently speak with people from other countries they should be fluent with few foreign languages.
- Willing to international travel often.
- Finally, should have extensive knowledge in department process.
Global Business Manager:
A global business manager is a broad title for a manager who oversees company’s operations globally. They focus on developing and instituting the workable strategies for developing international business. They lay focus on consumer demand and international trends, as well as sourcing required goods and services.
Skills required for Global Business Manager:
- Employees are required to hold master’s degree in finance, marketing, economics or any related fields
- It is good to hold any certification courses such as Six Sigma, Eight disciplines, problem-solving process or SAP
- Expect to adopt new business trends and international trends
- Obviously, they should be multilingual
- Able to manage and report the pipeline in timely fashion
International Business Consultant:
International business consultants are tending to give information and advice to domestic companies about doing business with or in the countries. They provide detailed information about international business development and marketing. Finally, they research international business and investment opportunities, competitors and business practices and develop recommendations.
Skills required for International business consultants:
- Firstly, he should have extensive knowledge in management policies
- This jobs requires post-graduation in related field
- Of course, he should know about foreign policies and political developments affecting international markets.
- He should have good network ad terms with international associates
- Also, he should good at using technology to the extent required (i.e., MS Word, PPT, Excel spreadsheets etc)
- Employers may favor consultants who are certified from the Institute for Management Consultants (IMC )
They act as a middleman who looks after the shipment of goods. They plan and coordinate the movement of goods internationally. In their daily routine, they tend to negotiate with various kinds of people such as shippers, vendors, and customers to ensure better client or customer service. Finally, they held responsible for identifying the possible ways to reduce the taxes and ensuring the efficiency of exports.
Skills required for Export Manager:
- First an individual with degree in marketing, international business, finance or in any related fields
- They should possess strong Knowledge about budget management, international trade, and taxations
- Preferably a good organizer because he/she should easily comprehend and organize shipment process
- As an export manager, you should be able to manage people and setting sales targets for them
- Mostly, expected to be familiar with standard industry computer programs.
- Finally, It is essential to have a good understanding of business finance and be able to manage budgets as well as to evaluate sales data.
International Finance Manager:
The international finance manager is the in charge of financial aspects of the organization. They are accountable for producing financial reports and manage the organization’s financial transactions, along with setting goals for the organization and working towards their attainment.
Skills required for International Finance Manager:
- An aptitude is required for commercial decision making
- Also, should carry excellent skills in SQL, EPM and VBL will be beneficial
- The graduation from Accounting or Finance (C.P.A. or MBA preferred)
- He should be detail oriented or self-motivated
- Finally, should be Proficient in computer skills in spreadsheets (Microsoft Excel), Microsoft PowerPoint (PPT), Word and “Database experience” (e.g. Microsoft Access, Excel “v-lookups”).